For emergency support please call the Homelessness Gateway 1800 003 308 (freecall, 24/7).
Youth (aged 15-25): 1300 306 046 or 1800 807 364 (freecall from a landline)
Domestic violence and Aboriginal family violence: 1300 782 200 or 1800 800 098 (freecall from a landline)
IMPORTANT UPDATE ON COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
We have recently had some questions regarding the COVID-19 virus (coronavirus) and its potential impact to our services. We continue to monitor this situation and review our continuity of service plans. Our services may change at short notice due to government directives.
As a reminder, we ask that if you are feeling unwell or displaying symptoms of any illness that, if possible, you do not attend Hutt St Centre until such time that you are well.
Suggested steps to take:
- Call the Public Health Information Hotline on 1800 004 599
- Call your GP and discuss your symptoms on the phone. They will guide you as to what to do next
The Department of Health advise that the COVID-19 virus may produce symptoms such as a fever, flu like symptoms such as a sore through or cough and fatigue and shortness of breath. The Dept. of Health advise that good hygiene and social distancing are key methods of protecting against infectious diseases like the COVID-19 virus. Good hygiene includes:
- washing your hands often with soap and water
- using a tissue and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- avoiding close contact with others, such as touching
- maintaining the recommended social distance (1.5M)