Work with us
To help end homelessness for every person who walks through our doors, with care and without judgement.
The team at Hutt St Centre deliver a wide variety of professional and support services to assist people facing homelessness and disadvantage. The team comprises people with experience and qualifications including Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Aged Care, Finance, Marketing, Communications and Administration. There are currently 40 people employed at Hutt St Centre, predominantly within Client Services.
Vacancies are advertised here, and generally on Seek.
Pathways Officer – Day Centre
- Respected, long-standing and impactful not-for-profit in a city location.
- Rewarding and challenging role – contract to June 2020.
- Full-time position with access to salary packaging.
Hutt St Centre is a highly respected and innovative frontline service for homeless and vulnerable adults in Adelaide. Started by the Daughters of Charity in 1954, Hutt St Centre is a multi-service, non-residential agency providing essential and professional services to help people who are facing homelessness and disadvantage. We provide a place of opportunity and choice to support people to end their homelessness with care and without judgement.
Reporting to the Manager - Day Centre & Pathways, the Pathways Officer will assist homeless and vulnerable adults accessing Hutt St Centre to engage in Pathways activities and programs, and deliver comprehensive and professional employment services by implementing employment pathway plans, assisting clients to gain employment and supporting clients with ongoing employment.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Experience in undertaking employment assessments and develop employment pathway plans for clients;
- Ability to deliver flexible, responsive and creative programs to assist clients to connect;
- Ability to foster and maintain strong working relationships with external stakeholders such as Job Active and recruiters, including exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong ability to work under pressure and effectively prioritising competing client needs;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel and Word, and usage of databases for the collection of data and effective case note taking and recording;
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the homelessness sector and have an enthusiasm for improving the wellbeing of homeless and vulnerable adults as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team;
- Experience working with marginalised and vulnerable people, particularly in offering employment services will be highly regarded.
You will also be tertiary educated in a relevant discipline (such as community or human services) and be required to have a DHS clearance screen or be willing to undertake this check. In addition, you are required to possess a valid driver’s licence.
Working at Hutt St Centre:
We offer our employees salary packaging, learning and development opportunities, access to a confidential Employee Assistance Program and a passionate team who are driven by making difference to help end homelessness.
Please click here for the position description.
Please contact Jacqui Cole, HR Advisor on 8418 2500 for further information or click here to apply via Seek with a Cover letter and CV outlining how your skills and experience are suited to the role.
Applications close: Monday, 2 September 2019
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.