Work with us
To help end homelessness for every person who walks through our doors, with care and without judgement.
The team at Hutt St Centre deliver a wide variety of professional and support services to assist people facing homelessness and disadvantage. The team comprises people with experience and qualifications including Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Aged Care, Finance, Marketing, Communications and Administration. There are currently 40 people employed at Hutt St Centre, predominantly within Client Services.
Vacancies are advertised here, and generally on Seek.
Team Leader - Eastern Adelaide Homelessness Service
Hutt St Centre is a highly respected and innovative frontline service for homeless and vulnerable adults in Adelaide. We provide a place of opportunity and choice to support people to end their homelessness with care and without judgement.
As the Team Leader – EAGHS, you will be responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary team working with people who are vulnerable, experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. You will support your team to link clients to a range of support services, networks and self-improvement opportunities that will help rebuild their lives and transition to long term independence. Your leadership skills will motivate your team and ensure that the key performance indicators are met for the program. This position is available until 30 June 2020 due to the funding arrangements.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in people management including the facilitation of employee development, training opportunities and one to one supervision
- Working knowledge of Government funding arrangements in the homelessness sector
- Providing guidance, expertise and support around the development, coordination and implementation of case management plans in consultation with, and agreed by, the client, case managers and other relevant stakeholders
- Collation and reporting of data for project outcomes
- Overseeing allocated budget
- The ability to concurrently manage multiple projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to contribute to and lead a positive team environment
You must be tertiary educated in the social services field (min Diploma level). You will be required to have a DHS Child-related clearance screen/WWC with less than 12 months validity or be willing to undertake this check. In addition, you are required to possess a valid driver’s licence. You will also required a valid driver's licence.
Working at Hutt St Centre:
We offer our employees salary packaging, learning and development opportunities, access to a confidential Employee Assistance Program and a passionate team who are driven by making difference to help end homelessness.
Click here for the Position Description.
Please contact Melanie Denford, People and Culture Manager on 8418 2500 for further information.
Applications via Seek.com.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.