Work with us
To help end homelessness for every person who walks through our doors, with care and without judgement.
The team at Hutt St Centre deliver a wide variety of professional and support services to assist people facing homelessness and disadvantage. The team comprises people with experience and qualifications including Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Aged Care, Finance, Marketing, Communications and Administration. There are currently 40 people employed at Hutt St Centre, predominantly within Client Services.
This is your opportunity to join a respected, longstanding and impactful not-for-profit located in the city. We have an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our passionate Hutt St Centre team.
As our Assistant Accountant, you will provide assistance to the Business and Finance Manager in the financial aspects of our service.
Some of you key responsibilities include:
- Examining bank statements and reconciling them with general ledger entries
- Keeping an eye on incoming payments from accounts receivable and outgoing payments from accounts payable
- Creating company financial reports with the above information included
- Analysing data collected in order to determine the state of the company’s financial health
- Assist with Internal Control Compliance
- Examining the proficiency of the software programs used to organise data
- Generating financial reports that display the company’s profits, equity and cash flow
- Assist in the preparation of a variety of financial reports for internal and external key stakeholders
- Assist with the preparation and monitoring of budgets
- Assist with the timely payroll and accounting functions including general ledger reconciliations and bank reconciliations, and review accuracy of data entry and bookkeeping.
- Assist with the preparation of, and compilation of GST, BAS, PAYG and FBT statements and returns ensuring documentation conforms to regulatory and legal requirements.
You will be:
- Degree qualified with an accounts major
- Experienced in using MYOB or a similar accounting package
- Flexible with a can do approach
- Work well as part of a team
- High level of attention to detail
- Be passionate about making an impact
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Microsoft office skills
Some previous experience is preferred however is not essential.
A satisfactory National Police Clearance is required for this position.
The hours of work are from 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
About Hutt St Centre
Hutt St Centre is a highly respected and innovative frontline service for homeless and vulnerable adults in Adelaide. We provide a place of opportunity and choice to support people to end their homelessness with care and without judgement.
Our team enjoys access to salary packaging, career development opportunities, employee assistance program and health and wellbeing activities.
For more information please contact Melanie Denford on 8418 2500. A position description is available for download here.
No closing date - please apply as soon as possible.