Work with us
To help end homelessness for every person who walks through our doors, with care and without judgement.
The team at Hutt St Centre deliver a wide variety of professional and support services to assist people facing homelessness and disadvantage. The team comprises people with experience and qualifications including Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Aged Care, Finance, Marketing, Communications and Administration. There are currently 40 people employed at Hutt St Centre, predominantly within Client Services.
Service/Location: Day Centre
Are you the person we are seeking to enhance our vital work with people facing homelessness?
If you are, then you will be offered:
- A passionate and caring team environment
- Learning and development opportunities
- Salary packaging availability
As a case manager in our Day Centre, you will be required to undertake the active seeking of, and outreach to, people who are sleeping rough within our precinct. You will provide rough sleepers with a VI-SPDT and Intake and Assessment, as well as provide advice and advocacy and secure crisis accommodation where possible or as required. You will maintain a case load.
This position is available until 30 June 2019.
You will work in partnership with clients to effectively assess and respond to their housing and support needs. Your key responsibilities include:
- Locate and identify rough sleepers through assertive outreach
- Identify and prioritise the most vulnerable and unwell for intensive support (VI-SPDT)
- Carry out street level service delivery
- Provide advice, advocacy, assessment and referrals as appropriate, including the discussion of crisis accommodation options, and the securing of crisis accommodation and other housing options
- Assisting to access health care as required
- Provide an Intake and Assessment Service
- Provide education and information for clients on the range of services available to them
- Undertake initial and ongoing assessment of clients
- Identify risks and address any Duty of Care issues
- Ensure that stringent, confidential, accurate client records are kept, stored and transported in an appropriate manner and that this is recorded in a timely manner
- Engage with clients in a non-judgemental and respectful manner, and work in partnership with them to effectively assess and respond to their housing and support needs
- Build and maintain professional relationships and ensure confidentiality
Your demonstrated case management experience in a client-centred setting is essential, along with your tertiary qualifications in social work, community services or a related field.
You will require a DCSI Child-related employment screening and a current driver’s licence.
A knowledge of, or experience in the homelessness sector and an understanding of its causes is highly desirable but not essential.
About Hutt St Centre
Hutt St Centre is a highly respected and innovative frontline service for homeless and vulnerable adults in Adelaide. We provide a place of opportunity, choice and change to support people to end their homelessness with care and without judgement.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Firstly please visit click here to download a copy of the position description. To apply, please attach a covering letter addressing the essential criteria and your resume to email@example.com.
Applications close: 5pm on Wednesday 9 May 2018.
Lifestyle and Health Assistant
Service/Location: Day Centre
Part-time (0.6FTE) position until 30 June 2019
Working within our Day Centre, the Lifestyle and Health Assistant will provide practical support to vulnerable homeless and at risk clients who are in the SE City Precinct region of the Adelaide metropolitan area.Â You will plan, deliver and participate in group activities that provide practical support, health improvement and activity programs to vulnerable homeless and at risk clients, in order to provide the support they need to live healthy, active and fulfilling lives.
This position is a part time (0.6FTE) position until 30 June 2019.
Working in consultation with the Lifestyle and Health Coordinator, your key responsibilities will include:
- Plan, coordinate and deliver and participate in purposeful activities that promote physical and mental health, social inclusion and engagement, emotional and spiritual wellness
- Use best practice and evidence based tools to create activities that promote health and wellness, independence using a person-centred approach
- Actively participate in planned activities that are accessible and relevant to client needs
- Assessing and reviewing the social, emotional and lifestyle needs of clients who are accessing the Day Centre
- Supporting clients to maintain their health and wellbeing through the provision of Day Centre, and outing based activities, social support, meals and transport.
- Working with the Lifestyle and Health Coordinator, and other Lifestyle and Health Assistants to plan for and meet the social needs of clients through group activities and individual support
Skill and Experience
Your qualification of a Certificate IV in Lifestyle in Leisure and Health (or equivalent), or a Diploma or Bachelor of Diversion Therapy is essential for this role. In addition you will require a current driverâ€™s licence and must be willing to undergo a police check.
Your creative talent, and your demonstrated interest in homelessness services or providing support to vulnerable and marginalised individuals would be advantageous but is not essential.
People who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.
How to apply To apply for this role, please forward a copy of your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you believe your skills would allow you to be successful in this position.
Please click here for further information on this position, including the position specification.
Applications close: Wednesday 9 May at 5pm.
For any further enquiries please contact Liz Johnston or Ian Milverton, Hutt St Centre on 08 8418 2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org