Hutt St Centre relies on the commitment of volunteers to assist with the provision of services to people facing homelessness, in a variety of roles and in different areas of the Centre. We are very fortunate to have a fantastic group of volunteers who make our work possible each day.
Throughout the Centre each week we have 230 active volunteers working alongside our staff group to ensure we can offer the highest quality services possible to people who are vulnerable and facing homelessness. Volunteers contribute around 1,450 hours every month!
We welcome volunteers to contribute their knowledge, skills and time towards the vision and practices here at Hutt St Centre.
- Generally volunteer roles at the Centre are Monday-Friday, between 7.00am-1.00pm
- Event volunteer roles are generally after-business hours, or on event weekends
- Please note: we are not open in the evenings, or on Sundays
- All volunteers are required to undergo a police check. We can arrange this on your behalf, after your trial shift.
Can I help during Extreme Weather - Code Red or Code Blue?
In order to best help and protect people challenged by homelessness, only trained staff support our response to extreme weather conditions. If your regular volunteer shift is disrupted during this time, you will be notified directly. Thank you for caring about some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
Next Volunteer Information Session
Tuesday 24 September 2019
Click here to Register your attendance at the next New Volunteer Information Session. Please note RSVP essential.
What are the steps to becoming a volunteer?
- Your preferred volunteering area (see all volunteer role descriptions here)
- Your availability and desired number of volunteering hours per week
- The length of time you are able to commit to a weekly or fortnightly volunteer shift
Step 2: We will review your availability and skills to best match you to a suitable volunteering role, and will contact you as soon as a position becomes available. Please be aware that due to a high volume, we are unable to immediately respond to all enquiries, but will reach you as soon as possible.
Step 3: If you are interested and available in a volunteering opportunity, we will provide you with an invitation to the next information and induction session, which you are required to attend prior to becoming a volunteer.
Step 4: The Volunteer Coordinator will organise a trial volunteer shift for you. From here you will complete induction paperwork and training (including Police Check), then you will be added to our relief (fill in) or regular roster of volunteers.
What do I need to volunteer?
- You need to be over 16 years of age
- Physically fit for the particular role (manual handling may be required)
- Have a Police Check less than 3 years old (we can organise one on your behalf, should you decide to volunteer ongoing)
- An empathy for people challenged by homelessness
- Experience working with vulnerable people would be a great advantage
Please note: before starting you need to register your interest, attend induction and complete paperwork. To get started please contact email@example.com or call 08 8418 2546.
How often can I volunteer?
- Our volunteer rosters work on a fortnightly basis. Most of our regular volunteers attend weekly or fortnightly.
- Relief volunteering has no set timeframe, we need help when our regular volunteers are away, so this type of volunteering is irregular.
- Event volunteering often occurs in the evenings or on weekends, so this is a good fit for people who work full time during the week, those with busy schedules and those who prefer shorter term more flexible options.
Can I choose my own time to volunteer?
Some of our volunteer roles are flexible for example program administration support, data entry, and donated goods sorting.
Volunteer roles directly supporting services, which means we need help during particular times of the day, have set times for example meal services, client activities and reception.
Where do you advertise volunteer opportunities?
When volunteer positions do arise, they are advertised to current volunteers in the first instance, and are then advertised on this webpage, and our social media channels, to invite applications. Please check this page regularly for updates. Unfortunately we are unable to keep a register or waiting list for positions.
We recommend checking with Volunteering SA & NT for positions with other organisations who are currently seeking volunteers.
I have submitted an expression of interest / enquiry. What happens now?
Thank you for wanting to share your time with Hutt St Centre and people challenged by homelessness. As a small organisation, we try our best to respond promptly - thanks for being patient with us.
To ensure you are matched to the best opportunity, we need some time to process enquiries. You should receive a response from our volunteer team as soon as possible.
All emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org receive an auto reply message as a return email. This indicates we have received your enquiry.
If you have left a message regarding volunteering, we will call you back as soon as possible.
Can volunteering lead to future employment?
Volunteers are welcome to apply for positions advertised where experience, skills and qualifications are aligned with the role. Vacancies are generally advertised on our website here and Seek.
Can I volunteer for Centrelink requirements?
Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee to provide a minimum amount of hours per fortnight to meet these requirements
Can I volunteer on Christmas Day?
Thank you for thinking of those doing it tough at Christmas. Christmas can be a very sensitive time for people facing homelessness, so it is important people are surrounded by those who they know and trust. Our Christmas Day volunteer rosters are comprised of people who have volunteered with us throughout the year and our clients are familiar with.
For further information please contact:
Ph: 08 8418 2546 or email
We would like to thank all our Hutt St Centre volunteers, past and present, for always putting in 100%. We are so lucky to have such an incredible group of volunteers who are willing to help and support people experiencing homelessness. You are AMAZING!