Angel for a Day
A Chorus of Angels help provide daily breakfasts and lunches to up to 200 people experiencing homelessness in Adelaide.
As people drift in from the streets, carrying few possessions but many stories, our Angels make sure they receive a meal with care, warmth and a smile. Angels provide breakfast and lunch for people who are homeless – but the support goes so much further than providing food… a meal at Hutt St Centre gives dignity, respect and companionship to people who are struggling and can be the first step to rebuilding a better life.
Experience the impact of your donation
As part of the Chorus of Angels, you'll be invited into the kitchen at Hutt St Centre to help prepare and serve the meals you have provided, enabling you to feel the impact your donation has and to understand the significance of a hot meal and a friendly face for people who are facing homelessness.
- Each Angel Day entitles two (2) people to participate in a volunteer shift at breakfast or lunch on a weekday.
- Due to WHS guidelines, you must be 16 years or over to undertake an Angel shift.
- Please note due to advanced rostering and the service needs of our Dining Room, it may not be possible to do your Angel shift on your Angel Day. We'll try our best however it's not always possible. All Angel shift details and directions will be confirmed with you before your Angel shift.
- Angel shift times are breakfast 6:50am-8:30am or lunch shift 11:15am-1:00pm on a week day.
- If your Angel Day is a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, and you'd like to participate in meal service, please call Carmel on 8418 2509 or email@example.com to arrange a shift during our weekday meal service.
Angel Shift update: please note, due to COVID-19 we've implemented increased health & safety guidelines across all services. Angel Day shifts have been paused until the end of February 2021. You can still become an Angel for a Day now and continue to support people experiencing homelessness, and we'll arrange your Angel Day shift to take place in 2021.
With up to 40,000 meals served each year, people facing homelessness need and value your support. So please, pick a day - a birthday, an anniversary or perhaps a random date which will become significant as you remember people less fortunate - and become an Angel for a Day.
Choose a day
Enter Your Details
Next available date: 6 December 2020