Christmas at Hutt St Centre
The festive season, a time most of us usually enjoy with loved ones, is especially tough for people experiencing homelessness.
While many of us are rushing around buying presents and decorating our homes, many South Australians are sleeping on the streets, in their cars or in temporary accommodation. It’s a time when they feel even more lonely and isolated.
Thankfully, the kindness of Hutt St Centre’s community ensures we’re here through the holidays to provide a warm welcome and the chance for a fresh start.
Over the next couple of weeks, we’re expecting hundreds of people through our doors including up to 200 guests for our Christmas lunch.
Here’s what we’re able to provide over the Christmas and New Year holidays – and it’s all thanks to you:
- Freshly cooked, nutritious meals (including a festive breakfast and lunch complete with gifts on Christmas Day!)
- Hot showers
- Laundry and locker facilities
- Health check-ups and specialist medical clinics
- Essential supplies, like toiletries, towels and new clothes
- Plus professional support to explore housing, education and employment options.
Here are some important links if you’d like to show your support or find help on your own journey out of homelessness.