Angel for a Day
A Chorus of Angels help provide up to 200 nourishing meals daily for people experiencing homelessness in Adelaide.
An Angel for a Day gift of $350 will provide breakfast and lunch for your chosen day, ensuring that every person who may be experiencing one of the most difficult and isolating times of their lives can enter our Dining Hall and be greeted by a friendly smile and have a nutritious, wholesome meal.
But your generosity will go much further than providing food. A meal at Hutt St Centre gives dignity, respect and companionship to people who may be doing it tough and is often the first step out of homelessness and towards a fresh start.
Experience the impact of your gift
As part of the Chorus of Angels, you'll be invited into the kitchen at Hutt St Centre to help prepare and serve the meals you have provided, enabling you to feel the impact your generosity has and understand the significance of a hot meal and a friendly face for people who are experiencing homelessness.
- Each Angel Day entitles two (2) people to participate in a volunteer shift at breakfast or lunch on a weekday, generally your chosen Angel Day. If your Angel Day falls on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday and you'd like to participate in meal service we can arrange a shift during our weekday meal service.
- Because of rostering constraints and the service needs of our Dining Room, it may not always be possible to do your Angel shift on your selected Angel Day. If this is the case, we will try our absolute best to find an alternative day that suits you.
- Angel shift details and directions will be confirmed with you approximately 4 weeks before your Angel shift.
- Angel shift times are breakfast 6:50am–8:30am OR a lunch shift 11:00am–1:00pm on a week
- For safety reasons, you must be 16 years or over to undertake an Angel shift.
With up to 40,000 meals served each year, people experiencing homelessness need and value your support.
Become an Angel for a Day and turn your birthday, anniversary or even just the next available day into something truly special – a gift that means so much to someone doing it tough and shows your support to people experiencing homelessness.
Choose a day
Enter Your Details
Next available date: 1 October 2021