What can families do to address homelessness in Adelaide?
- Register as a family for Walk a Mile in My Boots in August. Bring Grandma and Grandpa and cousins as well if you can. What a great way for a family to come together!
- Host a High Tea for Hutt Street where everyone makes a donation. Invite school friends, neighbours and extended family and increase community awareness of homelessness and the work of Hutt Street Centre.
- Join us at The Big Picnic @ TouchWine 2013 - for a great family fun day out
- Hang the Hutt Street Centre Calendar in a prominent spot so that everyone is reminded to think beyond the small annoyances of the day-to-day, and focus for a moment on what it means to be without a home or the comforts you enjoy.
- Make an online donation and think creatively about where the money might come from (instead of the latest magazines, or a trip to the movies or a months DVD hire, or packing simple lunches from home instead of café or canteen lunches).
Please pass it on via email, social media or print out and pin up at home or work to inspire others to join you.
Don’t turn away from those who are currently homeless or on the move. Help dismantle stereotypes and misconceptions about those who are most vulnerable in our community. Like every member of your family, each person who comes to Hutt Street has a unique life story that is not yet complete. You’ll be shaping your own life stories as you make a difference to the lives of others.